Possible presentation questions?

• Question 1- How far should we go in order to preserve the ‘values’ and ‘traditions’ of our ancestors? Is it an obligation or a need?

-Introduction:

1. I will unpack the terms ‘values’ and ‘traditions’ and talk about the scope of my question.
  2. Give modern day examples to get the audience acquainted with the whole notion of preserving ancestral traditions.

-Body:

1. At this point I will take two sides of the argument into account and evaluate those arguments by referring to Document 6 of the stimulus material.
  2. Here I’ll question the whole idea of preservation and whether it has been distorted by the coming generations.

-Conclusion:

1. In the final part of the presentation I intend to choose one side of the argument and give my justification for doing so. Again I will refer to past examples to further strengthen my argument and try to make it as least anecdotal as possible

• Question 2: ” Science refutes the widely held beliefs of many religions but in some cases the exact opposite happens”. Keeping that in mind should we really believe all that we see?

-Introduction:

1. In the beginning I will talk about the never ending clash between science and religion and its relevance to my question.
  2. I will dissect the whole issue of Science versus Religion and talk about each of its parts one by one.

-Body:

1.  At this point I am going to pick out arguments or rather verses, from ‘different’ religious books and talk about how they critique science.
  2. Then I will consider the perspective of some renowned scientists and talk about how it refutes the widely held beliefs of many religions.
  3. At this point I intend to show two videos in class. One will most definitely be regarding religion in which Dr. Zakir Naik, a Muslim scholar will talk about the idea of science versus religion.

-Conclusion:

1. So in the conclusion, I will eventually make a couple of scenarios after explaining how my scope of the question prevents me from choosing one particular side.
  2. These scenarios will of course be arbitrary and will provide a possible solution to the seemingly never ending debate of Science and religion.
  3. After this I will go back to the presentation question and explain how my entire presentation proves that we should not believe what we see.